The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) sets standards for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 years old. All schools and Ofsted-registered early years providers must follow the EYFS, including childminders, preschools, nurseries and school reception classes.
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework supports an integrated approach to early learning and care. It gives all professionals a set of common principles and commitments to deliver quality early education and childcare experiences to all children.
HighScope is a quality approach to early childhood care and education which has been shaped and developed by research and practice over a forty year period. It identifies and builds on children’s strengths, interests and abilities.
The HighScope curriculum is used internationally in a variety of settings including day care, créches, playgroups, nursery and primary schools.
The central belief of the HighScope approach is that children construct their own learning by doing and being involved in working with materials, people and ideas.
What is Early Childhood Education?
Early Childhood Education consists of activities and experiences designed to aid in the cognitive and social development of preschoolers before they enter school. It focuses on learning through play which meets the physical, intellectual, language, emotional and social needs (PILES) of children.
Children’s curiosity and imagination naturally evoke learning when unfettered. Thus, children learn more efficiently and gain more knowledge through activities such as dramatic play, art, and social games.
7 Areas of Learning in Early Childhood Education
These areas combine to make up the skills, knowledge and experiences that babies and children acquire as they grow, learn and develop.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
The available classrooms are fully equipped with illustrations and modern learning resources according to the highest international standards of modern technology in education to provide education in ways easy and fun for the child.
- Bedayati Nursery is the child’s second home, so all the activities and events that are provided for the child are within the framework of the programs and activities.
- The nursery receives different nationalities and religions, helping your child to develop social skills in a multicultural society.
- The child recognizes good behavior, good morals and healthy habits.
- The child recognizes the principles of health education and proper health practices (healthy food and unhealthy food / washing hands / brushing teeth/ hygiene / cleanliness of the place, and others).
- Strengthening the knowledge of the children, and language skills by providing them with new knowledge taking into account the different backgrounds and cultures of all of them, in a balanced manner in Arabic, English and French
- Child will Recognize objects in his/her surrounding environment through a variety of daily activities.
- Repetition of songs and repeating both meaningful and entertaining jingles.
- Bedayati Nursery offers daily activities using colors and clay to gain both mental and physical skills in the classroom. This is done in the internal area of the nursery or in the outside covered area.
- Sports activities, competitions, group games, outdoor games involving mobility as well as dancing movements are carried out.
- Act out plays, characters imitating game, storytelling in Arabic, English and French, watching educational videos, hearing tapes, puppet theater, music quotas and masked costume.
- Connect all projects based on the aspects that attract the child’s attention, such as: the environment, animals, transportation, jobs and many others, linking them with local and global events.
- The child listens short Quranic Sura and some supplications and Hadith (for Muslim children only).